Monday 14 November 2011

PURPLE KALE


A friend in Victoria told me that eating kale while pregnant will make the baby smarter and I thought why not?This week I ordered two huge bunches with my organic delivery. Steve had left over pumpkin to use this morning and suggested I make a soup. After a quick google of pumpkin+kale+soup I found a recipe that would work perfect.

End result: I don't care how smart kale might make this baby I'm never eating it again.YUK! People who know me, know I'm not a picky eater but this purple kale is dire. Never have I loathed anything as much as liver and purple kale just made the list. I fed my husband dinner that looked like it was made for prisoners and he smiled graciously and praised my efforts. I made up for it with an amazing fresh out of the oven apple cake for dessert though! Mmmmm

2 comments:

  1. Boy am I jealous I missed this meal! Post made me laugh out loud - I can just imagine sitting with you and Steve at dinner during this meal :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am laughing out loud, too!! I like the sound of your apple cake, though!!!

    ReplyDelete